I guess it’s been a really long time since I posted… 😬😂 But life has been pretty hectic lately, so…
Well, anyway, I’m back with some more fun facts for y’all 🤓 So, let’s get started.
1. Did you know? The scientific term for brain freeze (or ice cream headache, as some people call it) is ‘sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.’
2. Do any of you have problems with your stomach grumbling when you’re hungry? Well, this one’s for you guys: the scientific term for stomach rumbling is ‘borborygmus.’
3. About the ‘Gruen transfer’… (I don’t know how to say this in my own words, so I’ll let Wikipedia speak for me 🤣) “In shopping mall design, the Gruen transfer is the moment when consumers enter a shopping mall or store and, surrounded by an intentionally confusing layout, lose track of their original intentions, making them more susceptible to making impulse buys.” Pretty cool.
4. Do you want to know what scientists call brain farts? (You know, those random times when you suddenly forget something, or it seems like your brain suddenly malfunctions 😶?) They call brain farts ‘maladaptive brain activity change.’ 😂
5. I’ve already told y’all that Canada is the second largest country in the world… well, we apparently don’t use a huge amount of the land we have… About 50% of Canadians live south of Seattle.
6. Dr. Seuss invented the word ‘nerd.’
7. Do you ever look at the blob of toothpaste sitting on your toothbrush and wonder, “What are you called?” I have answers for you. That blob of toothpaste is called… *drumroll please*… a nurdle.
8. A group of crows is called a murder.
9. Are you afraid of the dark? You open your eyes in the pitch black… and all you see is… nothing ☠️. Fun fact for you: the colour you see when you open your eyes in a pitch-black room is called ‘eigengrau.’
Okie dokie (also, why does that sound kind of dorky? 😂)… so, that’s all for today, and see you next time 🤓✌️
~ victoria 💙📚
3 thoughts on “Random Post | Fun Facts That Are Also Rather Useless 😂”
Interesting facts! I had no idea that nerd was invented by Dr. Suess!!! Who knew?!?!
LikeLiked by 1 person