Well, well, look at that. Two consecutive “Remarkable Blogger Tag” posts from your favourite blog. How….remarkable. *mentally teehees*
Okay, cheesy intro aside, please excuse my unoriginality with this post. I know Victoria just did a Remarkable Blogger Tag post (“just” as in she published the post on November 6 and I am – yet again – late to publish a post), and now here I am with another one.
Really, I do plan on giving you guys some actual content again one of these days. Bear with me, please.
Get it?! Bear with me?! *commence over-dramatic knee-slapping guffawing*
Okay, yes. I’m being very corny right now. Moving on.
(Is it weird that I’m taking the tag from Victoria, who is my co-blogger person behind Bookworm Hollow? Perhaps. Am I doing it anyway? Yeahbsolutely.)
(Anyone get my Mr. Popper’s Penguins reference?)
Oki, let us commence.
- Add the above featured image!
- Tag your post with #theremarkableblogger tag!
- Ping back to original post.
- Mention the creator. (Selina)
- Share something unique about you
- Answer the nine questions the person who nominated you has asked
- Ask nine questions for your nominees
- Nominate 10-15 people!
- Have (alot) of fun!
Something Unique About Me:
Um, I have grapheme-colour synesthesia (at least I think so 😜). But it seems like a bunch of writers have some form of synesthesia, so maybe that’s not completely unique.
1. LOTR or Narnia? Or both?
I like LOTR (even though I’ve never read the books – yet), but if I had to pick between the two, I love Narnia more. Those books have a special place in my heart. 💖💖
2. Favorite movie?
Ummmm…. how am I supposed to choose?! 😭
I like many, many movies. Maybe one of these days I’ll do another movie recommendations post. For now I’m going to recommend two movies to y’all: I Can Only Imagine and I Still Believe. Those movies are both really good! And they both tell the story behind the Christian songs of the same names. (They also both made me cry. 😭)
3. If you could meet a famous person (past or present), who would you meet?
Maybe C.S. Lewis. And my other favourite authors (such as Nadine Brandes and Lindsay A. Franklin). They’re probably not super famous people (although C.S. Lewis is fairly well known, right?) but I could ask them all for writing advice and I could pepper them with questions about the stories they’ve written and get all kinds of juicy details, etc. etc. etc. (Provided my social awkwardness doesn’t get the better of me. 😥)
Oh wait, are we talking about a shake-your-hand-and-exchange-pleasantries type of meet, or sit-down-in-their-living-room-and-fangirl-about-their-books-and-interrogate-them type of meet? ‘Cause the latter would be great. Bring on the interrogation! *cracks knuckles* But even just getting to say hi and take pictures with some of my favourite authors would be cool. Some of my favourite singers, as well (Newsboys and for KING & COUNTRY, for example).
4. Favorite dessert?
Ack! Again, how can I choose? Let me list a few that I like. French silk chocolate pie at the Christmas holidays (my sister and I each made a pie around Christmas last year in a cooking class, and I want to make another one for this year’s holidays!), cheesecake, my family’s (well, it’s not really ours, but we adopted it, so…) chocolate cake recipe (moist, dark, chocolately, delectable goodness!), spice chiffon cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate, gummies, etc.
5. Favorite Restaurant?
I love Tim Hortons for things like a Saturday early afternoon drive and lunch outing (a yummy drink and/or a baked good 😋), but if we’re talking going to a sit-down restaurant for an out-to-supper, Montana’s Cookhouse and East Side Marios and Boston Pizza are three of the places that I like.
6. What is your middle name?
That’s for me to know and you to wonder…
*the mystery rises*
7. Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay?
Yay. It’s pretty good.
8. Favorite TV show?
I don’t watch TV, but sometimes my sister and I stream mini-serieses. A few that I liked were Hawkeye, Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Ms Marvel, Agent Carter, Alex Rider, etc. (My sister did a “mini-serieses to watch” post a while ago. Some of the ones I mentioned are on it. Agent Carter is talked about here.)
9. Favorite Bible verse?
There are many verses I love. Here’s one of them:
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.John 16:33, NIV
Or this is the same verse in the New King James Version.
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.John 16:33, NKJV
Something Else Unique About Me (because why not do this part twice?):
I like it when my socks match my outfit. Not that you all needed to know that.
1. Do you like reading? If not…. why not?
Yes, yes, yes!!!! I love reading! (Bet you never would have guessed from the book-themed blog, huh? XD)
2. Which would you rather: go scuba diving with King Charles or go bungee jumping with yours truly? (If you pick King Charles, I won’t be offended, honest I won’t.😂)
Sorry, King Charles, but bungee jumping wins out. Although scuba diving could be interesting. As could meeting King Charles. Ooh, if I went scuba diving with him, would Buckingham Palace guards come along? Would they wear their beaver hats?
(Can I pick both options??)
But yeah, I would choose bungee jumping with you, Victoria. The questions is – would you go with me?🤔🤨
3. Who’s your favourite author? What’s your favourite book by him/her?
Mmm, currently C.S. Lewis, Nadine Brandes, Lindsay A. Franklin.
C.S. Lewis – The Chronicles of Narnia
Nadine Brandes – Fawkes and Wishtress. (Even though I haven’t finished Wishtress yet.)
Lindsay A. Franklin – The Weaver Trilogy.
4. Get a septum piercing or split-dye your hair lime green and hot pink?
Split-dye my hair line green and hot pink. It could be fun (in theory, at least). And it would save me from having to get a septum piercing.
5. Do you have a weak stomach? (e.g. Do you get queasy at the sight of blood, gore, puke, etc.?)
Yes, sometimes. Certain things, at least. But I wouldn’t say too badly. Surgery scenes in movies and some of the gore in movies sometimes gross me out, but just the sight of blood isn’t necessarily going to turn my stomach. Cleaning up our pets’ puke is disgusting and sometimes I gag, but I can still do it, I just might gag while doing it. Severed limbs are gross. Like the bloody stump and the muscle and the bone. Ick. And sometimes in movies or books I’ve found that a character’s wound has made me feel something in the area where the character was injured (finger, neck, etc.)
But sometimes mild gore can be kind of fascinating (don’t judge). Like sometimes when our pets puke it’s interesting to look at. Or when I puked a year and a part ago and I could see some of the different things I had eaten for supper. Or that time I stepped on a nail a few summers ago, it was kind of interesting because I could see a tiny chunk of flesh on my sock.
(Am I grossing anyone out yet? 😂)
To answer the question, I get grossed out at some gory things, but I wouldn’t say I’m too terribly gore-sensitive. Not as bad as some people. And worse than others.
6. What is one thing that seems like it shouldn’t be scary but just freaks you out?
Mmm, talking to people? Sometimes it takes a bunch of mental preparation and should-I-should-I-not-debating for me to say something in front of a group of people or to someone I don’t know super well. And sometimes I walk away from a social interaction feeling like a total idiot. Anyone else?
Also, I used to be scared of earthworms.
And I’m scared of snakes, but that’s a more understandable fear. I mean, snakes at a zoo can be interesting, but the idea of snakes where I’m stepping is freaky. Once I was hiding in the bathroom for fear that a friend was going to throw a little (live) snake at me and said friend decided to come and start letting the snake slither in under the bathroom door in an effort to try to get me to come out.
7. Are pickles awesome or are they awesome?
Pickles are great! 😋 (Story time: One time recently I had a thought to do with growing pickle plants. My brain forgot that you don’t grow pickles, you grow cucumbers and make pickles from them. Dumb Isabelle moment. 😂)
8. What’s your favourite quote?
Hmm, hmm, hmm.
I like a lot of quotes.
Here are two I love (both are song lyrics):
If the stars were made to worship, so will I– “So Will I” by Hillsong ft. TAYA
He is the chorus to every song that we were born to sing
He is the rhythm of your heart, so let the beat begin– “Glorious” by for KING & COUNTRY
9. Do you like math?
If you asked me that question during most of the time I was doing algebra, the answer quite possibly would have been a definite no. But this year I’m doing geometry, and it has actually been pretty good so far so currently, yeah, fairly. (Who would have thought I’d be saying that?)
10. Have you ever been to Tim Hortons?
Definitely. More times than I remember. All throughout my childhood. Go Canada, eh? ☕️🍁
Okay, so I’m kind of late to the party with this tag. I’ve seen a lot of people already doing this tag, so probably a bunch of the people I would have nominated have already done it or already been nominated. So if you want to do this tag, consider yourself nominated. Or just answer any questions you want to (or all of them) in the comments. 😄
1. You’re either climbing Mt. Everest or going to space. Which one do you pick? Why?
2. Which do you think makes more sense – Canada’s placement of Thanksgiving (early to mid-October) or America’s placement of Thanksgiving (late November)?
3. If you had to pick between having the library from Beauty and the Beast or having the rest of the castle (the talking houseware and the Beast and the magic rose not included), which would you pick?
4. If you could be any Disney princess, which would you be? Why? Which Disney princess are you most similar to? Why? Who is your favourite Disney princess? Why? Your least favourite? Why? (And yes, I just snuck eight questions into one. You’re welcome.)
5. You’re gifted a winged tandem hydro-bike and some cash to cover your expenses. Who do you take and where do you go? (It can be anywhere. The moon? The mall? Madagascar?)
6. How would you describe your sense of humour? (Bonus points if you include memes, jokes, etc.)
7. If you could crawl inside book worlds, which one would you visit first?
8. What is one of the dumbest things you’ve done recently?
9. Who is your book crush? Fangirling allowed.
Before I close off, happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans! 🍂🥧🦃
And now… farewell.
– Isabelle 📚💚🌻